Team Leader Job Description
- To effectively lead and support Team members in achieving targets for all K.P.I’s such as Performance, availability, quality and Safety.
- Promote Continuous Improvement activities to all Team Members and lead by example at all times.
- Manage, assess and appraise Team Members and highlight training needs where required.
- Carry out incident and accident investigation ensuring that correct standards are met.
- Ensure first line maintenance and quality checks are carried out to schedule and quality requirements.
- Co-ordinate holiday entitlements in their area of responsibility by ensuring that holidays are spread evenly across a 12-month period.
- Deal with operational issues that arise on shift.
- Carry out an effective Shift handover ensuring that incoming T.L’s have all the relevant information for a smooth start up.
- Ensure that Team Members are provided with alternative activities during periods of planned and unplanned idle time.
- Record accurate hourly scores off each cell of responsibility and provide explanations for any losses. Input this information into the RTR system on a shiftly basis.
- Identify and understand the reasons for any losses in output and suggest ideas to improve. Reasons could be due to a lack of training, machine reliability, or personal issues.
- Review and input shift report data into the OEE file, update Production boards with relevant information in area of responsibility.