Part of a Multi-National Group, world leading manufacturer of high spec door locking systems for the automotive industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated, talented engineer with a keen focus on continuous improvement to join our engineering team. In this fast paced environment, the successful candidate will play a key role in leading engineering projects to develop our production capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have a back ground in the automotive industry, however experience of similar industries combined with appropriate qualifications and a professional attitude will be equally beneficial.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, main purpose:
- To identify, prioritise and coordinate engineering activities, providing mechanical and electrical technical support and assistance.
- Using problem solving techniques to identify remedial actions and improvements, planning and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
- Managing machine and equipment installations.
- Implementing and monitoring maintenance programs.
- Compliance with Health and Safety legislation and preparation and maintenance of relevant documentation.
- Plan coordinate and control all engineering project activities.
- Monitoring and identifying plant operating performance, implementing improvements, reducing waste and delays in manufacturing processes.
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement activities.
- Ensuring that all equipment/parts are on site at due date and fit for purpose.
- Work being completed to deadlines, ensuring Customer schedules are met.
- Chair the weekly engineering meeting to ensure that all engineering activities are identified and progress monitored and actions taken.
Qualifications / Experience:
Production engineering experience ideally gained in automotive industry. Qualified to HNC level or equivalent as a minimum e.g. Mechanical, Production or Electrical engineering.
Specific skills and knowledge required:
- Comprehensive working knowledge of PLC, HMI, SPC, equipment and tooling, metal cutting and finishing procedures, stamping, plating, heat-treating, molding, and the characteristics of metal, plastics and electronic components plus experience with computers using CAD.
- Knowledge and experience of problems solving and improvement techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of the automotive APQP process would be of benefit
- Experience of working with the ISO9001, TS16949 standards would be useful in this role.
- The ability to establish positive working relationships, motivating and supporting subordinates to ensure a multi skilled and flexible team.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of windows based PC software programs, including all aspects of Microsoft Office with experience of spreadsheets, excel, e-mail and databases with keyboard skills.
We are looking for someone to hit the ground running and get their teeth stuck straight into the current engineering projects.
If you have the prerequisite experience combined with the drive and motivation to succeed in this environment then please forward a copy of your CV with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role by 27th January 2017.