Repairs, upgrades, installs and maintains automation equipment.
- Maintain and update mechanical and electrical components for all equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance of manufacturing related equipment using prescribed techniques.
- Inspect equipment to ensure safe operating conditions prior to start up.
- Provide mechanical and electrical technical support to maintain and improve automated and semi-automated equipment.
- Maintain log of repairs and of completed preventative maintenance in CMMS.
- Establish frequencies and provide preventative maintenance activities for end of line test equipment, automated and semi-automated equipment.
- Shut down equipment due to unsafe and /or process out of control conditions.
- Complete equipment changeovers in accordance with established standards and downtime procedures.
- Design and modify mechanical tooling.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering data acquisition objectives.
- Review equipment operation/maintenance information manuals supplied by suppliers.
- Responsible for knowing and upholding the H&S Policy and for working in a safe manner and reporting all unsafe or unhealthy conditions or acts.
- Participates actively in the requirement to retain ISO/TS16949/ISO14001 certification by supporting maintenance activities.
- Complies with PUK’s 5S standards and expectations.
- Completes any other assignments, duties and projects that may be assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in an ISO/TS16949 automotive lean manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Bearings-materials/design/application
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot PM compressed air systems
- Knowledge of Mechanical calculations
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and debugging of industrial controls and equipment
- Experience with safety circuit wiring and exposure to PHSR certification
- Understand electrical and process instrumentation diagrams
- Knowledge of various vision systems including Omron
- Must be computer literate and working knowledge of AutoCad