The production department is the hub of the business and the Machine Minders play an integral part of the operational process, encompassing responsibility for the efficient and safe operation of the production machinery.
Key Duties include:
- Supporting the Team Leader to ensure production targets are met within deadlines, without compromising product quality.
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards
- Ensuring that Quality, H&S and other Company policies are adhered to.
- Understanding each stage of the production process & replicating the correct process
- Maintaining good communication with your Team Leader to identify potential problems on the line
- Working with others and following the Team Leader’s instructions.
- Meeting efficiency, yield and packs per minute targets.
- Discussing issues and also raising new ideas for improving the business with the Team Leaders.
- Operating the machinery as required.
- Having full SOP awareness of the machine.
- Working with the Team Leader to ensure operational efficiency of the machine, and that it is ready for production.
- Ensuring smooth operation of product change overs.
- Identifying basic faults, being mindful of machinery issues and reporting any failures.
- Have good working and practical knowledge of production equipment
- Be committed to working within the Company Values
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with others
- Ideally be used to working in a fast paced environment
Full training will be given for these roles to include manual handling, health& safety and basic food hygiene.