Overview of role:
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, with reporting links to the European Logistics Manager, you will manage day to day supply chain activities within an automotive manufacturing facility. You will lead a team of approximately 7 personal who control procurement, planning, stock control, customer services and all forms of transportation. As a member of the site senior management team you’ll be expected take responsibility for all relevant KPI’s, budgets and contribute to the safe and effective running of the site.
Specific key requirements for the role:
- ‘Hands’ on coaching and mentoring of all team members. Lead team to maximise effectiveness of the operation. Goal setting and assessment to drive improvement.
- Develop strong relationships with key customers, suppliers and all purchase colleagues from within the European group.
- Work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, whilst promoting the requirements of ISO14001. Take control of all site waste with a goal to achieve ‘zero landfill’
- Day to day activities run whilst adhering to guidelines of TS16949.
- Achieve KPI’s of 100% ‘on time in full’ delivery performance, freight budgets, inventory reduction, accuracy and value. Generate and control budgets for respective spends.
- Control of pre-production material orders and change management planning to ensure timing is achieved and stock obsolescence is avoided.
- Responsibility for maintaining accuracy in a timely manner of all software applications relevant to the role e.g. ERP and MRP Systems.
- As part of the site management team actively participate in all activities to drive the site forward. Particularly in relation to production planning.
- Drive Lean Manufacturing techniques, specific knowledge in Kan Ban systems would be an advantage
- Lead cost reduction initiatives relating material, logistics and planning processes
Key candidate attributes:
- Minimum of 3 years Automotive experience at Managerial or Supervisory level.
- Proven track record of achievement in all aspects of Logistics, MRP systems, planning tools, stock accuracy and transportation.
- Experience of TS16949 and ISO14001
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of dealing with both customers and suppliers
- Good understanding of Lean principles
- Participative proactive style
- A track record of developing and up skilling teams.
- Sound knowledge of Environmental controls and requirements.
- Computer literate