We are recruiting a Junior Project Engineer (m/f) to join the existing Technical Centre team (Product development / Project management) in an automotive supply company and who reports within the Technical Centre in Wevelgem.
- You are part of the multi-disciplinary project team at the start of new projects for our offices in Europe (Belgium, Austria, United Kingdom and Hungary)
- Execute and coordinate project activities with a development project: from CAD-design – engineering – validation – follow-up and making ready for production.
- In a first phase, the emphasis lays on CAD-design, product engineering and validation activities within the test department.
- Our product range extends from simple mechanical systems to electromechanical systems, with further evolution to more electronically driven systems.
- The job comprises also external technical contacts with customers (together with the sales dept. and program manager)
- Supporting the sales dept. with the follow up of suppliers in Belgium and abroad (incl. visits)
- Follow up of the technical feasibility of new designs in cooperation with process engineering and suppliers.
- Track and coordinate cost reductions and VA/VE opportunities in Technical Centre in cooperation with purchase department.
- You are Industrial Engineer / master, a relevant work experience is no must.
- Because of the electromechanical nature of our products with an increasing level of electronic management, a Specialisation Electro-Mechanica is most appropriate, awareness of electronics are a plus.
- Also knowledge of plastics / overmoulding (design and/or production) is a plus.
- You are a “hands-on” person, sociable, flexible and have a sense of initiative and responsibility, you enjoy realizing targets in a professional team.
- Good knowledge of the English language is a must, your French & German is respectable or you are willing to improve.
- You have a thorough knowledge of the MS Office package
- You are not afraid of making regular short foreign trips of several days.
- After an intense training period as project engineer within the Technical Centre in Wevelgem, you will be integrated as project engineer within the European organization of Leggett & Platt Automotive.
- We offer a salary package in accordance with the responsibilities and achievements
- Exciting job within an international environment
- Various contacts, both in and outside the company
- You join a young and dynamic team
- Excellent training opportunities